Wednesday, August 1, 2012

NEWS FOR AUGUST

First of All Harvest Moon Antiques, Gifts and Gallery will be closed August 1st. through August 10th 

Harvest Moon Gallery is pleased to announce Anna Hergert's exhibition titled: Polar Embrace, image transfers to fabric with embellishment . August 11th to September 17th. Opening Reception Sunday August 12th 2pm- 5pm. Anna will be in attendance. Refreshments will be served. See invitation below.

Hanging Gardens - Encased

Ice Crab I   

Suspended Animation   

Ice Expression  
Anna Hergert's  Exhibition Statement:

My work is informed primarily by the natural world. I strive to contrast and compare weather phenomena, light and shadow, reflection and their affects on my immediate surroundings, primarily the lake my studio overlooks year-round.

 







When Fall 2011 presented unusual weather patterns the timing was perfect to capture once in a lifetime imagery with the camera. Over just three days the temperature fluctuations, precipitation and pre-existing conditions around the lake shore opened a small window of opportunity to gather visual information. Harnessed with my camera I carefully navigated the thin ice reaping the rewards in the form of frozen scenery I had never witnessed before. I weighed my options and decided against digital manipulation of the images I had captured. Any alteration would have truly spoiled nature’s intricate sculptures.

Polar Embrace is my newest body of work where I have, for the first time, combined my passion for photography with my textile art skills.


No comments: